photo PSARCHIVES25_zps844c340e.png  photo PSSUBSCRIBE25_zpsdcedd88c.png  photo PSABOUT25_zps7f6c7f6b.png  photo PSHOME253_zps443cf8c7.png  photo PSHOWWEMET252_zps574fb9e7.png  photo PSSEARCH252_zps9a92718d.png



Oct 22, 2012

lesson learned ~ take care of yourself & get more done



I slept in Sunday, for the first time in a looooong, long, looooong time.  My weekday schedule these days    consists of rising by 530, out the door by 640, in my desk by 7, and on the weekends ~ I just can't break    my body's urge to be being productive and active by 7am.  But not this past Sunday.  This Sunday I slept.  And slept.  And slept.  Till TEN.  Ten AM.  Holy Mother, it was Wonderful.  I needed it.  I've been feeling tired, and depleted, and when I woke up from my sleep in, I felt rested, and refreshed.  

When I awoke at Ten, I found that my babe had been up cooking.  He made that amazing Quiche above ~ the crust, and everything, by hand.  What a start to the day.  And it got better and better from there.  I accomplished more by the end of the day then I do on most Sunday's.  Cleaned, shopped, flea market, basketball, dinner with the fam, designed a new frame, T's homework, and most important:  Enjoyed the whole darn day. 

Lesson Learned.  Sometimes, taking care of yourself First, by doing something as simple as sleeping in ~ can yield big time results in productivity. 


[weekend highlights]

I .
Birdie on the Schwinn and Smoothie bike.
You pedal blend yourself a smoothie!  how cool
II.
Mom & Dad's Chicken Adobo.  SO GOOD.
III.
The Shabby Chic lover in me came out
via my latest jewelry display design
IV.
Fall.  It gets even better with age


15 comments:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

That my dear, is perfection.

Kristen @ Inspired Whims said...

Mmmm, how bout the recipe for that Kish? It looks so delicious! Glad you got some well-deserved rest. We all need it and rarely take time for it.

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Can you send Babe over. I need a cook but he will have to clean as well. Loves you!

Anonymous said...

I am in the same boat, always waking up early on the weekends, I am going to leave this post up on the computer when hubs gets home so he can see how awesome your man is and make me homeade breakfast!

:)
glad you had such a great weekend!

Lindsay said...

Your food pics always make me hungry! I'm going to come visit you so I can enjoy all this yummy food!

henning love said...

gotta take care of yourself for sure!! 10am, wow lucky you! and lucky you to have breakfast to wake up too

The Pink Growl said...

You always have the best food pics! Definitely take care of yourself first! It's hard as women for us to remember that sometimes, but it's necessary!

Always Maylee said...

If I didn't wake up my husband on the weekends, he would sleep straight until noon. But I totally agree, when I'm well rested, I'm more productive. But I have trouble sleeping in the weekends!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Ashley said...

Woah, you pedal blend a smoothie?! Cool! Yeah for sleeping in and having a productive Sunday! :)

Unknown said...

Aren't sleep in days the best. Because my body is so accustomed to waking up early I rarely get the chance to sleep in either; that's why naps have recently become my best friends! And what a sweet hubby you have to make quiche for you! YUM!!

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

Because Shanna Said So said...

Wee deserved rest is a miracle, right? I didn't sleep in on Sunday, but I sure did sneak in a nap! ;) Love the new frame and those leaves on that tree...we just don't get those here in Austin. Gorgeous!!

Sheree said...

Definitely with ya sister..you always need to take care of yourself..sounds like a wonderful Sunday!
Sheree xxx

Discovery Street said...

You have to be at work by 7?! Sheesh! You totally deserve a day of sleeping in!

Unknown said...

No wonder you texted me back so early today! You are wonder woman - and I want that quiche. I love quiche. Love it. nom.
Did you see I'm giving away a bracelet? Did you? It's really awesome!!
xx
Justyn

AJ said...

What can I say, that quiche looks amazing, what a guy:) Love the pics, good for you for taking care of yourself:)