photo PSARCHIVES25_zps844c340e.png  photo PSSUBSCRIBE25_zpsdcedd88c.png  photo PSABOUT25_zps7f6c7f6b.png  photo PSHOME253_zps443cf8c7.png  photo PSHOWWEMET252_zps574fb9e7.png  photo PSSEARCH252_zps9a92718d.png



Oct 24, 2012

Light through the Darkness



The dark you see.. those have been the skies over Portland for the past few days, and those same dark skies will be here for the next few months.  But yesterday, as I crossed over the Columbia River from Washington to Oregon, there were bursts of rays literally pushing their way out behind that dark thickness, causing layer upon layer of fluffy brilliance to fill the sky.  And I broke out a cheer and grabbed my camera.

Sometimes just looking up and seeing the light is enough.  
~Terri Guillemets

ps.. do you see a face up there, or am I just craxy?


9 comments:

Discovery Street said...

sometimes that's all we need in the pnw to smile right?

Melody said...

I totally see a face.. that is a little creepy/cool! lol

Ashley said...

I instantly saw a face too!!

Always Maylee said...

This is gorgeous. And a great metaphor for life. Thanks for the reminder! :)

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Jess said...

some amazing shots! like them a lot!

Kristen @ Inspired Whims said...

I see the face! It looks like Santa! :) Bless you for finding such beauty in the dark clouds o' Portland. They can be beautiful when you take a step back to appreciate them.

Because Shanna Said So said...

Gawd, I love you and all your colors!! ;) And yes, I see a profile in the last pic...he has a really cute nose and a defined, pointy chin...both things I have always wanted! ;)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I want those clouds. I would like them on a weekend I can cozy up with a fire and a good magazine

AJ said...

Totally see the face, love the pics, I miss you:)