photo PSARCHIVES25_zps844c340e.png  photo PSSUBSCRIBE25_zpsdcedd88c.png  photo PSABOUT25_zps7f6c7f6b.png  photo PSHOME253_zps443cf8c7.png  photo PSHOWWEMET252_zps574fb9e7.png  photo PSSEARCH252_zps9a92718d.png



May 10, 2012

Dear Readers





Dear Readers,


you kind sweet souls that take the time
to follow along my little life,
and all the little things I do,
some semi-interesting, most semi-mundane;
I have finally gotten my act together and done
what I didn't want to do.
my About Me
page.

it's not earth shattering,
and if you've been reading,
you probably know most of the pieces.
and please.
Don't laugh. 
I really am an accountant.
And maybe this is explaining a few things,
to a few of you, right about now.  
And it's true,
I'm an introvert.
I'm not what you'd call shy necessarily,
but I do go quiet in a crowd,
and sometimes when I do say things,
people stare at me,
and I wish I could just push rewind,
and garble the words back into my mouth,
cause I feel so awkward.
I do have difficulty sharing,
or being confident that my opinion
is really that important, 
so I really don't share a lot.  
the truth is, 
I can be pretty surface level.
even my bestie has told me,
Makaila- I know I know you more than anyone else knows you,
but sometimes I don't even know you.  
creating and sharing and blogging
has been an outlet for me.
somewhere I feel comfortable 
just being me.
the ones of you
 (and you know who you are)
that read every day,
and say positive things,
even when I post a shiz ton of pictures of the same thing,
you make me smile,
and be happy,
for being me.
and.  i loves ya.


Thank you for reading.
Thank you for commenting.
Thank you for following along my journey.  


You should never fast-forward into the future. 
Because every time you do, you rob yourself of the journey,
 the present moment, which, in the end, is all there really is.
ALYSON NOËL


Till tomorrow, my friends!  
Let the journey continue.  

and without further ado..



About Me

Hi!

Here's the low-down,
 on the down-low.. 
on Me.


me

My name is Makaila.
I live in Portland Oregon.
I’m 31 years old.
I'm 5 feet, 1 3/4 inches tall.  Or short.  Whatever.
I have green eyes and brown hair.
I have brow frown lines, and I'm gonna do something about it.
I don't know what I'm gonna do-  but I'm gonna do something.  
I’m an accountant IRL {in.real.life}  haha.  I just found out what that means.
I’m a procrastinator; thank god I work best under pressure. 
I flux-ate 10 pounds every 6 months.  
I bitch about that.
I think a lot.
In my head, not out loud.
I’m an introvert. 
I love alone time.
But I love alone time in crowds of people. 
I need the energy, to feel life moving. 
I hold very few dear and near.
But the ones I do hold- it’s a fierce, never-will-let-you-go kind of hold. 
I’m the oldest of six kids.
Which DOES define who I am today.
Always has, always will.


my clan.  August 2011

I have an 11 year old son, his name is Tristen.
I often refer to him as Bird.  Birdie.  My Bird.  Read why {here}
He doesn’t read my blog.
He very rarely lets me take pictures of him, 
cause he’s afraid I’ll put them on my blog,
And cause he’s 11.  He’s tweening, hard.    
He's constantly embarrassed of me.
He often pulls my fist pumping fists out of the air,
and places them firmly on the steering wheel and 
tells me that both of my hands really need to be on the steering wheel.
Not for safety,
but because I'm embarrassing him.
He's much less embarrassed of me now that I'm in the 30's.
He hated it when I was in the 20's.  


me and my bird


I’m recently engaged, {here's the post of how it went down}
to a man that keeps me on my toes, 
makes me laugh, 
cooks me breakfast, 
gets me caffeine, 
tells me I’m beautiful every single day, 
holds my hand, 
takes care of me, 
encourages me, 
supports me, 
has swung open the doors to a life I never thought I'd have,
and because he dreams in the opposite way that I dream,
he makes my world whole. 

His name is Rhett.


my love and me.  

Why do I blog?
I've thought about this a lot.
why I blog.  what I blog about.  
I'm not here to teach the world,
I'm not funny.  Nor a DIY queen.
This is just my life.  
Featuring things I like.
The people I love.
Things that make me stare.
A place to store my memories.
A way to express myself.
Nothing grand.
Nothing simple.
Just me.


distinctly me

Thank you for reading!

-m-

12 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

I had THE hardest time writing my About Me page. I still don't like mine.

But YOU my dear, are a bright shining star in the sky of bloggers and I am so glad to have found you.

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

you are so freaking gorgeous, i'm glad to have another 5'2er in my corner!

Laura Burtis said...

Love this lady!! So fun getting to know you better! Love that Tristen already doesn't let you take pictures of him because he is worried you will blog them! HAHA!! You are adorable, and I can't wait to get to know you even more through our blogs and IG :)

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

I am just going to add myself to your BFF list ccause I insist! this is brilliant. I love ya. Thats all

Unknown said...

yeah... the about me page is always the worst to write. but you did a marvelous job!

Unknown said...

wow! this is lovely... you are gorgeous. I just learned so much about you!!! thanks for sharing. xo

Unknown said...

wow! this is lovely... you are gorgeous. I just learned so much about you!!! thanks for sharing. xo

Anonymous said...

cute pic with your man : )

jes @ twosmuppies said...

I loves ya terribly.
Let's seriously meet up.
There are adventures to be had!

Mindy said...

Yeah, I pretty much loved this post. Even though I now want to crumple up my About Me page and start over. :o)

Ashley said...

This was great! I feel like I know you better now. I hate my about me page. I always feel awkward talking so much about myself. :)

Object of Maya*ffection said...

Awww, M! I LOVE that you shared all that! Honestly I never would've guessed you were an introvert SO the fact that you share makes it an even bigger deal! Hugs girlfriend!