#1. The reason I have fallen in love with blogging is because I see ideas that inspire me. I see girls that are girls just like me, and they do it, and I think ~ I can do it too! Honestly, the inspiration I find, and then the resulting prompt for action on my part, and my documentation and memories created, live and online, is what brings me back, day after day.
For my inspiration today, I have Shannon over at Bungalow960 to thank, thanks to this post about her yard and the work she did on it this past weekend. It made me want a pretty, bright, outside space to enjoy too.
I had to pick up Tristen from school today, he's sick. Poor kiddo. On the way out the door to get him some sprite and saltines, I glanced out at my 15 foot deep, by 20 feet wide patio out back and thought, gosh darn it, I need to do something. The least I could do was recover the wicker patio sets' cushions to brighten it up and give me somewhere to sit my bum. And thus the afternoon on the patio begun...
![]() |
| { ps, these have a hole on top. i'm not gonna be starting a backyard fire :) } |
And speaking of pulling things from the garage... we're going to have a garage sale this weekend. Oh boy. I'm a pack rat, Rhett is not. Trouble #1. Trouble #2 is that I have just proven ~ yes, babe. PROVEN ~ that sometimes if you just keep it long enough, you WILL use it. I don't know, is that a good enough argument? Tomorrow is garage clean out night. I'm scared.
-m-




































11 comments:
It looks FABULOUS! You did such an awesome job. I always feel like I accomplished something huge when I can step back and admire my work.
Your.backyard.is.awesome.
wanna come over and landscape for me??? Lol
From circus girl to dirt girl. You have talent my friend. And I am totally going to steal the candle idea. Love it. I will have somewhere to drink when I come over
It looks really good I would love to chill out there with you:)
Look at you go, just friggin' look at you.
This looks great! Seriously love the atmosphere of it.
It came out beautifully! Don't be alarmed if some night you come home and I'm on your loveseat sipping a drink. What?! It looked welcoming.
Looks amazing!!! Come do our balcony :)
Your garden area is stunning! I wish I had a backyard like this. Good job!!
And I agree - the blogosphere is an amazing, inspiring little world :)
Wow! It looks so cozy :) the perfect spot for a good book, family time or a few drinks with some good friends! Love it :)
It looks so great. Good job!
Post a Comment