photo PSARCHIVES25_zps844c340e.png  photo PSSUBSCRIBE25_zpsdcedd88c.png  photo PSABOUT25_zps7f6c7f6b.png  photo PSHOME253_zps443cf8c7.png  photo PSHOWWEMET252_zps574fb9e7.png  photo PSSEARCH252_zps9a92718d.png



Nov 19, 2012

I got my hair did and I didn't even cry!


I'm a fruitcake about my hair.  Almost every single time, every single time, I get it did, I cry.  I cry, I mourn, I swear I won't do it again, I make my friends make pacts with me not to let me do it again.  It's a freakin' hot mess.  But then a year will go by.. and I start feeling drab, and my hair, as you might well imagine, is looking way drab and is in desperate need of a trim for the goodlords'sake.  Truly, the 2+ inches of split ends, are crying for a trip to the salon.  And so I begrudgingly book an appointment, endure the week before anx, and go, and cry.  But not this time.  This time, Stephanie Hand, of the Gold + Arrow Salon in Portland did it.  Stephanie actually did my hair once, over 5 years ago, back in my hometown and I remembered that that one time, I didn't cry either.  

Andddd if you're into kickass decor design, click that Gold + Arrow link above, and check the photos below.  The place is.. what's the term going around right now?  Oh yes.  Amazeballs.  

my one moment of anx,
but it didn't even come close to a cry.


annnnnd... here it is!! 






it's subtle, it's fresh, it's shorter, but it feels longer,
and hotdiggity, I think I love it!!!  I can't wait to play with it this week!

ps. if you're in Portland, or close by, Gold + Arrow is the shizzle. Get yourself there. You can start by dropping by the First Thursday Art Walk coming up December 6th at 5p. They are featuring the artist that did the arrow canvas, whom happens to be the hubby of a stylist there.  You will fall in love.  The decor eye feast alone is worth the trip.  Plus, there will be food.  And wine.  It'll be worth it.  Guaranteed. 



Linked up with: Leeann, Dana and Sami for the Weekend Update. 
Molly for YOLO Mondays!


30 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

Love the style of that salon - so very modern! Your hair looks fab! They styled it perfectly - I want mine to look like that!

Shannon said...

I want to hate you and your amazing hair, but I will not. You're too nice.

Looks gorgeous. Duh.

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Love love love it! I get mine done next week. I can't wait!

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Love love love it! I get mine done next week. I can't wait!

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

looks amazing

jes @ twosmuppies said...

it looks amazing! i'll have to try and visit them when its time to cut my hair next year ;)

Faith said...

the salon is sooo beautiful. obsessed with it and officially believe that all salons should look like that!

and your hair. girl, your hair is my favorite. so full and healthy. and the color looks amazing! you are HOTTTTTT!! yes, you need all the extra Ts.

Always Maylee said...

You have such luscious hair. Seriously. I love your hair. And that is some pretty amazing decor for a salon!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Amber Dominguez said...

Right when I saw the first pic I thought "damn that looks like an awesome salon!" I'm in need of a major hair renovation, maybe a trip to Portland is in order!

Ashley said...

Gorgeous!!

Francis said...

Looks gorgeous! I need a hair cut so bad! I need to dye these roots even more than I need a haircut!

MILEX said...

love it completely

henning love said...

love the hair!! i got my hair retouched on saturday too, i love fresh hair!! and that hair salon you go to is so cool!

henning love said...

also makaila where is that cream infinity scarf from, i am on the hunt for one!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Look at you all fancy dancy! I love it! So now you don't have to be scared anymore. Love you!

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

It looks AMAZING!! I haven't gotten my hair done since February (no joke) but that is mostly because I am cheap. :) I seriously need to get it done though.

Kristen @ Inspired Whims said...

It looks lovely darling! And, that salon has the coolest look - I love the furniture and finishes.

Because Shanna Said So said...

Shut your mouth!!! Holy moly it looks AWESOME!!!! God, I wish I had your hair....the color, the thickness, the bounce...I would die!!! I feel the same way about getting my hair done, I wish your girl could fly me to her salon!! ;)

Erica said...

Oh, it looks fantastic!! I don't think I've ever cried from a haircut before, although I had a few botched cuts I should have cried over.

Now, I have my husband cut my hair. *gasp* lol! Although, now you have me thinking I need to get my 'hair did' professionally now too! You look amazing!!

Heather said...

Ha - well that's b/c you have nothing to cry about! Your hair looks gorgeous!

XO
Pearls & Paws

Kori said...

Your hair is beautiful! The pics of the salon were great too xxx

Discovery Street said...

I love it!!!

pretty little things said...

I cry after getting my hair done too so I can really relate! love the look on you! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Jordan Smith said...

I'm with you on the hair crisis! Literally NEED a trim right now, but have had so many terrible visits in the past! One time even ending up with the closest thing to a mullet. SO terrible. That salon looks seriously AMAZING. Like, if I owned one it would look the same. Also, your hair is TO DIE FOR. So much volume! Gorgeous!

Jordan Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It looks great!

My-cliffnotes said...

I used to go there to Lisa!! Swear!

Dalayna Dillon said...

Gorgeous! Looks great!
I am stopping by from the YOLO Mondays link party. And I am a new GFC follower. Yay! Happy to be a new reader. I blog over at Pointing Up, you can find me at www.dalaynadillon.blogspot.com. Hope to connect with you more soon!

Dalayna

Amy Franklin said...

LOVE it♥♥♥ Beautiful as always! And I'm happy you didn't cry:)

Anonymous said...

What a super cute salon. And your hair looks great!