photo PSARCHIVES25_zps844c340e.png  photo PSSUBSCRIBE25_zpsdcedd88c.png  photo PSABOUT25_zps7f6c7f6b.png  photo PSHOME253_zps443cf8c7.png  photo PSHOWWEMET252_zps574fb9e7.png  photo PSSEARCH252_zps9a92718d.png



Jun 8, 2012

DIY ~ a polished wallet makeover




See that wallet above? It's a Hobo International.  I adore it.  I bought it 4 years ago and it has deserved a graceful retirement for over a year now.  For the past few months I've been uber embarrassed to pull that poor tattered thing out of my handbag.

Yesterday I was browsing the DIY's over on Love Meagan {an AMAZING fashion, beauty, DIY blog} and saw this post where she used a sharpie to redo a leather wallet.  Light bulbs started flashing as I thought of all those DIY's I see that use nail polish {Janae does tons of cool things with nail polish that I love} to redo things, and I thought: that's it!  I'm gonna give my over loved wallet a nail polish job!


I think the chevron stuff is cute,
so I decided I'd make a chevron pattern 
once i had it all taped up,
I went to work painting it
i brushed,
and then brushed,
and brushed some more.
let it set.
and then brushed some more.


once I was convinced I hadn't missed a spot,
and it had dried,
I pulled the tape off carefully

and va-voom!

my "new" wallet!!


I love it!  I was tempted to cover it with a clear coat, but I loved the distressed leather next to the shiny black so I left it as is!  #soproudofme!  and watch out jewelry, shoes, and any future thing I may take a fancy too.. I may take some nail polish to YOU!  ;) Whatcha think?  Thinking of anything YOU could take some polish to?

-m-

22 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

It turned out AMAZING. What an upgrade. If only I wouldn't have thrown away my old wallet and replaced it with a Michael Kors...

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

You are talented and beautiful and creative. This is the best idea ever. I love ya! That's all!

Natalie | Mrs. Janney | said...

I love it! Such a great idea.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Those Chevron strips, very trendy.

Ta Dah! Good job girl.

Object of Maya*ffection said...

Looks FAB!!! Love the chevron pattern!! Thanks for the shout out!!! XO

Laura Burtis said...

OMG Girl! That looks amazing! I would totally buy it at the store! You did such a great job! How fun!

Kristen @ Inspired Whims said...

So super cool - I adore it! It was so nice to meet you at the Portland Blogger Social. I'll be following you in Blogland!
-Kristen

Unknown said...

This looks amazing! What a great DIY!!

jes @ twosmuppies said...

that is amazingly crazy! i love how it turned out. i think i'll just bring you a bunch of stuff to upgrade for me when we have our adventures :)

Jess_LyMi said...

Way cute! I love and it love the blog you are referring to as well. :)

Jess
http://thedelightfulcrafter.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this is AMAZING & look like a million bucks, girl!

jace @ jacieland.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wowzers... what a great way to breathe new life into an old favorite. It is so fun and perfect for summer!

~Danielle

Discovery Street said...

nail polish? Seriously?! wow...it really looks amazing! Trying to think of what i could do this to....

Unknown said...

You creative minx you. I love it! Make me one and I'll convince people over here I got it from a rare designer on the west coast ;-)
Xx
Justyn

Thriftanista in the City said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

AWESOME. I wish I was crafty..

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

uhm i love it, if you get tired of it, it can come live with me ;)

Julie Marie said...

ohhh my gosh!! i totally LOVE this!! awesome. sooo wanna try it!!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

Thanks so much to linking up to my what we wore, read and made party. I'm featuring this tomorrow night :)

marissa
http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Nice job! Thats pretty awesome and super creative!! I like and hope to try it sometime!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it! Great job!!

Unknown said...

Love this! I saw this DIY on Meagans page as well. Now seeing yours I'm debating on whether to use the gold sharpie or one of the million colors of acrylic paint that I have.

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com