| Good Deed #1 of 2012. |
Today we drove up to the meet point on Mt Hood to pick up Tristen from his winter break in Bend. About three feet of snow dumped over the weekend on the mountain, so the snow was fresh, thick, and bright. There was a lot of packed ice under the snow and as we were driving back home we saw a poor soul that had hit ice and spun out into a snow bank and was stuck. We stopped, Rhett hooked a chain between our car and the stuck car, Tristen, my sis Karley, and I bailed to the other side of road to watch safely from a distance, and Rhett pulled him out. Way to start the Good Karma count for 2012 babe!
| success! the driver was so grateful, he came around to all of our windows and thanked us over and over |
| Good Deed: #2 of 2012 |
I snapped this pic on our way up to get Tristen and the stuck car above just happened to be right across the road from this semi. While we were watching and waiting safely on the other side of the road while Rhett pulled out the car, the driver of the semi got out of his truck and told me that he'd been stuck up there for over 24 hours and begged me to send help when we got into cell range. About 6 miles down the road we finally got service and I called the State Police and they assured me they'd send someone to rescue him. Two rescue missions in 30 minutes! Rhett and I were high fiving each other. It feels so good to help others. Based on today, a 2012 Resolution was given to me:
In 2012,
I resolve to
Do Good Deeds.
It wasn't very sunny today, but it was still a gorgeous scene up on the mountain and I went snap crazy. I know these are all road pics, but look at all the trees. How the snow is like icing on some branches, while other strong species hold inches of snow on each branch. There's nothing like God's Winter Wonderland.
| Mt. Hood. Oregon. |
| i love how the different tree species are distinctly displayed in this pic |
| some blue sky creeping in |
| We stopped for a fam pic |
| the very best thing about today: my boy is back. |
-m-









4 comments:
These photos are lovely, and your two good deeds made me smile b.i.g. That was so kind of you guys! And I'm sure it's something that both people will never forget!
xoxo,
Noelani
i love winter trees!
Would love it if you followed my blog?
http:/crownmealreadyy.blogspot.com/
Wow! 2 good deeds in less than an hour... awesome!! Loved this post!
Thanks for linking up with us today!!
so sweet. i looooove your pics. thanks for linking up with us.
Post a Comment